What is the definition of Amadeus in the hotel industry?
Amadeus is a Computer Reservation System (CRS) or well again a Global Distribution System (GDS).
It points to the reservation tool travel agents use when building an air, hotel, car or other travel service reservation.
Amadeus is the foremost GDS for the travel business.
The remunerations of GDS for the hotels are:
- Worldwide contact of the hotel.
- B2B and B2C circulation.
- GDS circulation is the entry door to company bookers.
- Targeting all Travel Agencies separately of the GDS (distribution platform they may use).
- 24/7 travel agent contact to your register.
- 24/7 travel agent access to your full expressive and multimedia content.
Amadeus serves not only travel agents but also many diverse companies include airlines, ground handlers, hotels, railways, car rental corporations, airports, cruise lines and ferry operators.
The corporation behind it is Amadeus IT Group with headquarters in Madrid, Spain.